#concept #social #webdesign, #design, #ui, #userinterface, #flatdesign, #pixel, #html, #html5, #css, #webdesigner, #graphicdesigner, #web, #colors, #creativity, #creative, #clean, #website, #dribbble, #behance, #uidesign by uidesigners http://ift.tt/1o6By8M
This is so soft we want to touch it. #webdesign, #design, #ui, #userinterface, #flatdesign, #pixel, #html, #html5, #css, #webdesigner, #graphicdesigner, #web, #colors, #creativity, #creative, #clean, #website, #dribbble, #behance, #uidesign by designshots http://ift.tt/1sw3Mie
Context of user experience include products, services, advertising, marketing, gaming, events and environments.
(via UX Magazine)
Insights from a new mobile study from Google
– 77% of mobile searches are performed in locations where people are likely to have PCs available due to speed and convenience.
Tumblr for Android just got a total facelift! We’ve completely redesigned the interface, added fancy post animations, made images pop, and a whole lot more. Download the update today.
This fancy. (Refresh animation is great too.)
Reminds me of Path
Chanel: The UNIQLO of Luxe?
We know it’s a little too soon to compare its digital play to UNIQLO, which has an enormous social track record. But pair this with its ongoing brand storytelling (see delectable most recent vid) and whimsical web content by Karl Lagerfeld, and we’re thinking this icon of luxe can toy with tech like the best of them. And that it isn’t afraid to experiment on a broadening scale while keeping production values high. (When does that ever happen?)
1. Our phones demand too much attention, detracting from our real experiences.
2. Analog metaphors are making less sense on digital devices.
3. We’re waiting for new paradigms in experiencing media like text on screens.
4. UX is a living, somewhat unpredictable thing. All experiences need to be fluid and flexible now.
5. You shouldn’t just try to understand a product. You should try to understand its connected network.
6. An “Internet of things”—countless connected sensors—is coming (and here).
7. All of our information feeds into something larger than ourselves, a “superorganism” or “colony” of digital information.
8. The hive mind got so big that greater Internet thought is now manifesting locally (think Egypt’s uprising or Occupy Wall Street).
The tools we use to design websites are evolving. Adobe gives a sneak-peek of its new tool for designing responsive websites, Adobe Edge Reflow. Don’t get too excited yet though, Andy Clarke has been playing with the alpha builds and says that it’s currently “truly terrible”
The creator of the laptop, founder of IDEO and godfather of interaction design. RESPECT.
“During payment, the user is presented with three default buttons for tipping: 20%, 25%, and 30%. When cabs were cash only, the average tip was roughly 10%. After the introduction of this system, the tip percentage jumped to 22%. Those three buttons resulted in $144,146,165 of additional tips.